Stock pipes are fine, but don’t always provide the look, sound or performance you want. Fortunately swapping them out for something that does suit your needs is an easy and inexpensive way to upgrade your ride, and it shouldn’t take more than a few hours at most, even if you’ve never done it before.
First up, here is a list of exactly what you’ll need:
- 3/8ths drive socket set (Fractional for HD’s, metric for everything else).
- Combination wrenches in the appropriate sizes.
- Any sockets or wrenches peculiar to your bike i.e. Torx or Allen wrenches.
- 3/8 drive torque wrench
- Aerosol lubricant (WD-40, CRC 556 etc.)
- Shop manual: Aftermarket is