If you believe some of what you hear and see on television and in the movies, motorcyclists are renegade loners. To our customers — those of you who ride and live the motorcycle lifestyle — however, we know nothing could be further from the truth… motorcyclists are very social people, which is why online motorcycle-focused message boards and forums, as well as your collective use of social networking sites and platforms like Facebook and Twitter, have skyrocketed in recent years.
Facebook, which used to be for college kids only, is a fresh and dynamic way to connect with people who share similar interests. Currently, we use Facebook to:
- Engage with customers and others who consider themselves motorcycling enthusiasts. For example, we recently asked, “What was your first motorcycle and who taught you how to ride it?”, which currently has 68 or so really impressive and noteworthy responses!
- Share photos of custom J&P Motorcycles: and events.
- Share videos of custom motorcycle builds, like this series for our 30th anniversary bagger:
Check us out at Facebook.com/JPCycles. Click “Become a Fan” at the top of the page, and you too will start to receive an informative stream of updates from your friends here at J&P Cycles.
If Facebook isn’t your thing, check out J&P Cycles on Twitter. Twitter has grown enormously popular over the last year or so. Motorcyclists like it because it gives them quick updates from people and organizations they care about the most. Here at J&P Cycles, we have two different Twitter accounts:
- Twitter.com/JPCycles is where we share general information and communicate the latest information we find of interest related to all aspects of motorcycling
- Twitter.com/JPCyclesDeal is where we post a daily deal on motorcycle parts and accessories available on our website, JPCycles.com, the world’s largest aftermarket motorcycle parts and accessories online retailer .
On @JPCyclesDeals we post a single item per day, and while that day’s product may not be what you’re looking for, you never know what tomorrow’s product will be @JPCyclesDeals is also been used to announce coupon offers, such as this post from just a few weeks ago:
Special for Twitter followers: use this code at checkout to receive 15% off and free shipping on orders over $99
If you’re looking for a great deal on parts, our “deals” account should be on your Twitter follower list.
If you’re anything like us, you love traditional motorcycle events but also appreciate the ease with which we can communicate in between. Twitter and Facebook are just two of the platforms we use to solicit your feedback and keep you informed of what’s going on